The first Brouhaha QTPOC activist-comedy corps brought hilarious new work to Oakland November 7th for another packed, standing-room-only crowd of 200.
900 people joined Brouhaha in the theater and by the live-stream at our National Queer Arts Festival debut shows and at Brouhaha Oakland.
Get on our email list (sign up to the right) and be the first to find out when apps open for our Brouhaha 2015 training.
Brouhaha: QTPOC Activist-Comedians Rise Up
Please purchase tickets here: http://
Doors 7pm (food, beverage, music, community)
Show 8pm-9:30pm (funky, fried laughter)
Humanist Hall, 390 27th St. @ Broadway, OAKLAND
$12-$25, no one turned away for lack of fundsRape jokes, fat jokes, transphobia: Most stand-up comedy just replays tacky oppressive bullshit. This spring, activist comedian Micia Mosely and comedy writer Nia King trained a crew of hilarious new queer and trans comedians of color to fight back. Come watch their Oakland debut; it’ll be a riot.Hosted by Micia Mosely
with Jezebel Delilah X and Manish VaidyaWith our best jokes from our sold-out run at the National Queer Arts Festival
and brand-new work by:* Cassandra Falby
* Jaq Victor
* Jasmine Le Blanc
* Laurene S. Francois
* Lisa Evans
* Mahfam Malek
* Sis. Nau~T
* Sabaa Westbrooks
* The Lady Ms. Vagina JenkinsFunded by your ticket and by the Akonadi Foundation. Thank you!! xox
* To protect the health of beloved community living with cancer and other illnesses, please do not wear scented products on your hair, skin or clothes. Here’s how:http://
* Email brouhaha2014@peacockrebell
* Scent-reduced seating available
* We’ll replace low-scent bathroom products with fragrance-free versions before the show but we can’t guarantee a fragrance-free space
* Email [don’t spam us!] by 10/31 to RSVP for ASL interpretation & check in w/ the interpreters
* Email [don’t spam us!] by 10/31 to get deets on the wheelchair-accessible entrance & bathroom, make a transit plan, and reserve some great seats for you
* Can’t afford a ticket? Email [don’t spam us!] to request a $0 seat. We have at least 20.
* This show will sell out. Please get to the show on time cuz we’ll release your seat for someone else to get a ticket if you arrive later than 5 minutes before the show.
* We’ll hold some tix at the door for seats and some cheaper tix at the door for standing-room-only.
Damn, look at you making history and shit!!
Stay in the loop:
- Like Brouhaha (https://www.facebook.com/brouhaha2014) and Peacock Rebellion (https://www.facebook.com/PeacockRebellion) on facebook
- Sign up for our email list at http://www.peacockrebellion.org/
Thank you!! You’re the best!!!