Peacock Rebellion’s stand-up comedy training series and National Queer Arts Festival showcase w/ Micia Mosely!
**Apply now. Applications due by end of day March 3rd, 2014**
Stand-up comedy can shift culture, affirm our experiences, help heal trauma…
But usually it just reinforces tacky oppressive bullshit.
We deserve better.
Apply now to Peacock Rebellion’s Brouhaha: QTPOC Activist-Comics Rise Up
Be part of a crew of TSQTPOC trained by activist-comedian-trainer-legend Micia Mosely to write and perform stand-up comedy that challenges oppressive norms and helps our communities heal.
- 5 weeks of training, feedback, writing, editing & practice time with Micia Mosely + yr Brouhaha crew
- 2 weeks of optional rehearsals with Peacock Rebellion’s hella-seasoned, hella-loving artistic core
- your activist-comedian debut at the 2014 National Queer Arts Festival in front of hundreds of adoring fans
5 Wednesdays, April 9, 16, 23, 30, May 7
May 14 and 21 optional, if you want more rehearsal time
Location TBA, near public transit in Oakland
$25-$150 sliding scale (other spots charge $400+ omg!)
Some workshops will be recorded (video and audio) for trainers to give you feedback, and to get clips for publicity and fundraising purposes (because we need to raise $ to pay for the workshop and we want to pack the house for your debut shows).
7pm-8:30pm & 9:30pm-11pm
African-American Art and Culture Complex
How to Apply
1. Make sure you have a YouTube or Vimeo clip of 3 minutes of you at your best (in anything; it doesn’t have to be comedy)
2. Get one full-color and one black-n-white headshot ready (that Tindr selfie is fine, as long as it’s hi-res jpg/tiff, 72-96 dpi)
3. Fill out this quick n EZ application.
You’ll attach the pics to yr app and put the video link in there too
Email Jezebel Delilah X and the rest of the Brouhaha team at gro.1492948168noill1492948168eberk1492948168cocae1492948168p@41014929481682ahah1492948168uorb1492948168